Aims and Activities
The purpose of the International Transportation Economics Association (ITEA) is to promote the development and application of transport economics by:
- Stimulating scientific excellence and policy-relevant research;
- Promoting advanced education in the field; and
- Promoting interaction between research and transport related policymaking.
To fulfil its purpose, ITEA:
- Organizes annually the Kuhmo Nectar Conference and Summer School of ITEA.
- Organizes other conferences, seminars, or meetings as forums for scientific exchange and professional development.
- Organizes Economics of Transportation: Journal of ITEA, jointly with Elsevier Publisher.
- Undertakes special issues of other journals, books, etc.
- Awards research and teaching prizes.
- Issues a newsletter, email alerts, and other communications for the diffusion of information to the profession.
- Maintains a web site.
- Builds and maintains connections with other organizations with related goals.